Positive body image in the 21st century

"My curves are where they are meant to be  and there is nothing shameful about that." Unknown

People usually believe that people who suffer from eating disorders and body image issues are women. Very few would acknowledge that men suffer from such issues as well. There are certain standards that have been imposed on us by the society that really affect how we value ourselves.

You dont have to be a model or media personality to know that as woman slim and toned is the ideal, and as a man big strong muscles and possibly a six pack are the idea. But always remember your body is just a packaging. And packages comes in different colors, shapes and sizes. Thats completely fine, that is what makes us special, different and unique.

My whole teenage years i hated my body. I thought i wasn't beautiful enough. I was so embarassed about myself. I used think people were doing me a favor for hanging out with me because everything about me was a disgrace. I looked so different from the "normal" body structure.

In 2015, i just decided that i was beautiful after watching Nick Vuijicic's swimming video. That small decision changed my whole situation. I told myself that i am beautiful in my own way. So i carried out life as a beautiful girl i believed i was. I started wearing colors that i really like, doing what i love. What matters is what you see not how the world perceives you.


Remember you are not the size of your pants. You are not the perfectly contoured face. You are not the amount of likes you receive next to your half naked photo. You are none of the things the world forces you to believe you are.

Having a positive body image is a journey, it takes time. It requires to be patient and stay positive. Here some tips of what helped me from only posting my face on facebook to posting a full body pic in a bikini.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„
1. Spend time with yourself
Most times we spend it on social media checking all these models and other people. We hardly get time to get to know ourselves. Its like falling for a romtic partner you really have to spend time with them so we can get to know them. Spending time with yourself you get to know things that makes you happy and get to appreciate the magnificent being that is you.

2. List your great traits
Stop criticing your body
List everything you like about your body
3. Treat your body well
Sleep tight.
Eat health
Relax
4. Mind your media
Dont let the pressure of the media get into you. Those models and actresses get help from makeup artists, trainers and photo editors. Dont get me wrong, it is good to get some inspiration.
5. Surround yourself with good vibes only
Hang around with people who accept you for you. Never surround yourself with people who feel sorry for you, they definitely bring you down.

You are a unique being that will ever exist in all time. You are the way you laugh. You are the goals that you set and dreams that drives you. You are who you believe you are.

Get off your a** and something about your body image.

Pics: Golden colors 263 aka The Billionnaire

Comments

  1. I saw your profile through LinkedIn and you are truly inspirational. Keep up the great work!! You're THEE GIRL!!! Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self acceptance

The Healing Power of Opening up your Feelings and Thoughts

Let's get personal