ZIWA Award 2016



My heart is filled with gratitude and happiness as  I write this blog. I cannot even start to explain how happy I am but all I know is I am smiling throughout this blog. I am really excited to announce that I was awarded the courage award of 2016. WOW!! As soon as I received the email I rushed to check what is a courageous person. Lol! Yes,  I did because I could not believe myself. When I checked the definition, I realized that I am also in a process of knowing myself better. Some of the things that I take for granted and think it is just my everyday routine, it really inspires someone else out there and people see my courage in it. Okay, enough of rambling let me point out a few things that I have learnt from this award:

1. Be Yourself
Like I said earlier on for me some of the things I take for granted people find inspiration in it. So always be yourself you never know how many people are watching and getting inspired. Be yourself always.

2. Share your story
A lot of people have beautiful stories that they can share with the world but the only thing that holds us back is we think it is just a normal story like everyone else. I started sharing my story of how i grew up in November 2015 when we were celebrating the disability month. I posted it on face book just like any of my posts but the feedback I received was overwhelming. I was inspired too. That's when I realized that the things I take for granted means a lot to some people. Look at me today I am celebrating this moment, when it all started by just a simple story.

I also want to show my gratitude to a lot of people who encouraged me to be who I am today.
1. The man above, God
Without him I wouldn't get the courage to speak out and be where I am today. He created me the way I am with a purpose.

2. Friends and family
These are my real MVPs. They encourage me on a daily basis. They have seen my downfall but they always stick by me. I love you guys.

3. My social media family
You guys rock. Most of you we don't know each other personally but your support is out of this world. It all started with a friend request but look at us now, we are family. Some people even even message me saying, "I did not see you online today are you okay". What more would I ask for. Thank you for all your beautiful and encouraging comments you always leave on  my posts and pictures. I love you guys (((((((((hugs)))))))))))

4. Grandma
Unfortunately, she is no longer here to witness this beautiful moment but I am so grateful. She believed in me before anyone could, even myself. She was strong on my behalf. She laid a very strong foundation in my life which made me to be the woman I am today. Oh! I can go on and on about this woman but for now let me end here before I get emotional, that's a blog for another day. I am dedicating this award to her because she was my number 1 fan. May her soul continue to rest in peace.

THANK YOU ZIWA 2016 TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can watch the video of Brighton Hamadziripi presenting my award here 

I can't stop smiling

Comments

  1. Congrants. Keep on going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Streetwear brand name labels can come in handy when you want something unique. When you are looking for a gift idea for a friend who is a fan of streetwear, take a look at the current offerings on the market. For more ideal details about unique brand head over to the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braces Price in Pakistan and find more details of gifts like braces for your loves ones. Share to others

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed God has a purpose for everything. Continue rocking Girl. Keep the fire burning not only that side but across the World as well. Much love from Uganda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please let us be friends. đŸ€©

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prénoms espagnol pour fille par ordre alphabétique, retrouvez la liste des idées pour un prénom féminin espagnol. Tout savoir sur sa signification
    Prénom espagnol fille

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You are an inspiration! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ may God bless you sister I have no both arms below elbow same like you I able to write I have food myself I am able to take shower myself your confident will be helpful to others thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self acceptance

The Healing Power of Opening up your Feelings and Thoughts

Let's get personal